Wednesday 2 February 2022

DFI Day 2

Back to Papakura Central School for Day 2 of DFI.

Today was about a few things, but mainly the overall theme was working smarter not harder. Technology is great but  efficient use of it will save time. And teachers all need more time!

We are all familiar with the google suite and have used their most common apps often. Gmail, Calendar and meet became our go to tools especially when distance learning is needed. But I discovered today that there is far more than meets the eye with many of these tools. For example the ability to colour different calendars can make navigating the site (or app) a lot easier.

Tab rationalisation is also a useful concept for those of us who are guilty of having far too many tabs open at any one time. I did not know that this can impact the performance of my Macbook and will need to ensure I am better at closing them. My homework is to try some of the tools that were shown to help me with this.

I am looking forward to continuing DFI in term 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment